[tlbuild] building for distribution with shared breaks in dvisvgm

Martin Gieseking martin.gieseking at uos.de
Thu Sep 6 13:14:25 CEST 2018

Hi Karl and Norbert,

a couple of weeks ago, a Gentoo maintainer asked me to add a
configuration option to disable the bundled libraries and to link
against the corresponding system libs instead [1]. So I added
--enable-bundled-libs (and --disable-bundled-libs) to the configure
script which affects brotli, potrace, woff2, and xxhash.
I checked a couple of Linux distros previously if they provide these
libraries but obviously overlooked Debian not having the original xxhash
[2] but only the Go port. Sorry for that. Would it be an option to add
the missing package to Debian? It's already used by many different
projects and probably worth to have it packaged.

> Norbert: Without --enable-bundled-libs, my surprise is more that clipper
> is included than xxhash is not. But I don't know Martin's intent for the
> different libraries.

The bundled clipper library is a slightly modified version. I extended
some structures to store information required to reconstruct curved path
segments from the straight line segments processed by clipper.
Therefore, we can't use the system library here.

Best,
Martin

[1] https://github.com/mgieseki/dvisvgm/issues/90
[2] https://cyan4973.github.io/xxHash