[tlbuild] FAIL: uptexdir/gkhuge.test

Hironobu Yamashita h.y.acetaminophen at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 18:29:23 CEST 2018

> It looks like something else ends up in the file, maybe due to
> differences in gnu tools:
>
> $ cat ./Work/texk/web2c/uptests/ygkhugeng.err
> + TEXMFCNF=../../../texk/web2c/../kpathsea
> Input file is in YOKO-kumi kanji tfm format.
> The fifth byte of the input file exceeds 127!
> Sorry, but I can't go on; are you sure this is a TFM?

Thank you very much, now I understand!
I think I can sort gkhuge.test to first set TEXMFCNF,
instead of setting it at each one-line execution.
That would avoid such differences in gnutools.

> Diff would tell you what exactly was different (which might have been
> more helpful than knowing that the first character was different,
> leading to one or two less emails flying back and forth), so I guess
> it would help to use diff.

Thanks for your advice; I'll switch to diff for the future ;-)

As it's well past midnight here in Japan, the fix will be tomorrow

Best,
Hironobu