[tlbuild] PPC builds

Schmitz Thomas A. thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Sat Mar 31 14:30:21 CEST 2018

> On 31. Mar 2018, at 14:16, Johannes Hielscher <jhielscher at posteo.de> wrote:
>
> Wait. Revision 47196 deleted powerpc-linux.
> Apparently, there hasn't been any activity for powerpc-linux this
> year (Thomas Schmitz?).
>
> But as far as I can guess from Mojca's compiler messages, her
> troubles were about powerpc-darwin.
>
> Is this intentional? Are users of a (reasonably modern) Linux on PowerPC
> hardware aware of this?

I just had a mail conversation with Karl: my debian powerpc-linux can’t compile texlive anymore (gcc is too old). So unless somebody else steps in, powerpc-linux will have to be deleted from texlive. As for “users of a (reasonably modern) Linux on PowerPC hardware,” I have never seen such a mythical beast...

Thomas