[tlbuild] luasocket broken on Mac OS X 10.5

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 18:28:00 CET 2018

Hi,

On 8 March 2018 at 02:46, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> I just noticed the following:
>
> In file included from
> ../../../source/texk/web2c/luatexdir/luasocket/src/socket.c:4:
> ../../../source/texk/web2c/luatexdir/luasocket/src/usocket.c:441:14:
> error: use of undeclared identifier 'EAI_OVERFLOW'
>         case EAI_OVERFLOW: return PIE_OVERFLOW;
>              ^

I found the culprit:
    http://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Build/source/texk/web2c/luatexdir/luasocket/src/usocket.c?r1=29453&r2=46348
Taco apparently manually patched this after I reported it a while ago,
without making an explicit patchfile, so this got lost after update.

Before the change we had

#ifdef EAI_OVERFLOW
    case EAI_OVERFLOW: return "argument buffer overflow";
 #endif

and after the change this became unconditional.

Can someone please apply this patch?
    https://github.com/diegonehab/luasocket/pull/243

There's a remaining issue that AI_NUMERICSERV from src/udp.c is also
not defined. Not sure how to fix that one other than also commenting
it out.