[tlbuild] TL Pretest website: Platforms

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 19:28:29 CET 2018

On 6 March 2018 at 01:02, Johannes Hielscher wrote:
> http://tug.org/texlive/pretest.html
>
>  Platforms
> -    […] no other changes.
> +    {x86_64,i386}-linuxmusl, aarch64-linux
>
>  If you discover other changes that should be noted, please report them.

While I haven't decided for 101% yet, there's ultra high probability
to retire powerpc-darwin this year.
I'm also not entirely sure about support for Mac OS X 10.5 and 10.6
which may go as well.

I'm currently testing three or four different ways to compile binaries
which might influence the final set of supported OS versions. In case
support for 10.5 ad 10.6 is dropped, then i386-darwin would go as
well.

TeX Live 2018 will require a slightly newer version of Linux than last
year. That's at least Debian 8 or newer (not sure which versions of
other distributions will be required, I guess we need to test).

> [So here comes some advertisement for the newly added platforms!]
>
> Is the explicit mention of MacTeX still relevant?

I don't know. It certainly dropped support for one OS version (which
is no longer supported by Apple).