[tlbuild] tl18 trials

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 20:27:20 CET 2018

On 21 February 2018 at 01:01, Karl Berry wrote:
> Hi everyone - there has been no shortage of changes in the TL sources in
> the past few weeks, but I think/hope things are converging. At least, I
> don't know of anything else myself that is still pending. (I hope there
> will be an asymptote update coming, but that's separate anyway.)
>
> So, please give the usual build a try and report problems.

Solaris build fails soon after "Testsuite summary for mpfr (TeX Live) 4.0.1":

/opt/csw/bin/gcc-5.5 -fvisibility=hidden -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type
-Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-unknown-pragmas -g -O2   -o unzzip
zziplib-src/bins/unzzip.o zziplib-src/bins/unzzipcat-zip.o
zziplib-src/bins/unzzipdir-zip.o libzzip.a
/path/to/build/Work/libs/zlib/libz.a
Undefined first referenced
 symbol      in file
strnlen                             zziplib-src/bins/unzzipcat-zip.o

I haven't tested the builds in a while, but the first time I tried the
build succeeded. It could be connected with the library update three
weeks ago. I need to take a look.