[tlbuild] Support for musl

Henri henrimenke at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 02:26:21 CET 2018

On Fri, 2018-01-26 at 10:04 +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> > x86_64-alpine-linux-musl
> That is not really a triplet but quadruplet, right? Why does Alpine
> Linux inject their name here? Quite strange I think.

You're right it's strange.  The triplet is

    machine-vendor-operatingsystem

and in this case

    machine = x86_64
    vendor = alpine
    operatingsystem = linux-musl

Sometimes vendor is just unset.  Unfortunately someone had the glorious idea to
use dashes in the operatingsystem string as well which makes it really
ambiguous.  The wiki article I linked in the last mail has more info about that
https://wiki.osdev.org/Target_Triplet

---

On another notice, I managed to successfully build with Alpine i386 on Travis by
downgrading to a much earlier version (3.1 released in Dec 2014, support ended
Nov 2016).  The problem of hanging builds on the most recent 3.7 persists
though.

Also Debian is downgraded to 8 (jessie).  Debian 7 (whezzy) ships too old GCC
for C++11.

I updated my .travis.yml with those changes.