[tlbuild] Building on the Macintosh (Part 2)

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 21:52:33 CET 2018

Dear Dick,

I don't have access to 10.11, but the easiest way to test is to
compile a super simple C++ program:

    typedef char16_t something;
    int main() { return 0; }

Try to compile it with
    clang++ test.cpp -o test
and then with
    clang++ -std=c++11 test.cpp -o test

If the second command works and the first one doesn't (which is most
likely the case) you know what to do: add -std=c++11 to compiler
flags. The main question is why doesn't this work out of the box
already. I don't know if they strictly require C++11. If they do, all
other dance around those definition is nonsense and the flag is simply
missing.

I currently don't have X11 installed yet. When I tried to compile with
X11 disabled one of the tests failed on 10.13.