[tlbuild] ICU build failures

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 06:32:58 CET 2018

On 16 January 2018 at 00:09, Karl Berry wrote:
>             case "${host}" in
>             *-*-solaris*)
>                 CXXFLAGS="$OLD_CXXFLAGS"
>                 ;;
>             esac
>
> I commented out that block in TL's
> Build/source/libs/icu/icu-src/source/configure. Thanks. Will be
> interesting to see their response to your bug report at
> http://bugs.icu-project.org/trac/ticket/13543. -k

Thank you. The patch isn't 100% correct, I suspect that the sun studio
indeed compiles in C++11 mode by default and it should be conditional
on compiler. So we cannot submit this as a patch upstream, but it
should serve all our purposes for now. I doubt that anyone will be
"insane enough" to try to compile the full TL with Sun's compiler.

Thank you,