[tlbuild] TL2018, clang, FreeBSD

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Jan 15 00:07:06 CET 2018

Hi Nikola,

    Syntax error: Bad fd number

As I said to Marc: please run the configure with (ba)sh -vx to see what
the problem actually is. Obviously it's running afoul of some BSD-wide
thing, but I can't guess.

    2) kpathsea/doc (I'd say) doesn't respect TL_WORKDIR:

It is intentional that all .info files are built in $srcdir.  It's been
that way with all GNU(ish) packages forever (to reduce dependencies),
and won't change.

The real question is why your make thought the .info file needed to be
rebuilt in the first place. The timestamps in the repository are such
that it should not happen, as far as I know.

I suppose one "fix" is to touch the .info file. -k