[tlbuild] error in zziplib source

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 13:17:57 CEST 2017

On 20 July 2017 at 18:42, Juan Bosco García Gutiérrez <juan.bosco at uca.es>
wrote:

> El día 20 jul 2017 20:28, "George N. White III" <gnwiii at gmail.com>
> escribió:
>
> The zzip/types.h file has a comment:
>
> * This file is usually the first to define some real symbols. If you do
>
> * see some errors here then it is most likely the includepath is wrong
>
> * or some includeheader is missing / unreadable on your system.
>
> * (a) we include local headers with a "zzip/" prefix just to be sure
>
> * to not actually get the wrong one. Consider to add `-I..` somewhere
>
> * and especially VC/IDE users (who make up their own workspace files)
>
> * should include the root source directory of this project.
>
> * (b) size_t and ssize_t are sometimes found be `configure` but they are
>
> * not in the usual places (ANSI C = stddef.h; UNIX = sys/types.h), so
>
> * be sure to look for them and add the respective header as an #include.
>
> Oh, sorry, I didn't read that. However, I have test with a sample c
> program and
>
> I have ssize_t type defined in <stddef.h>, which compile without errors
> with only
>
> gcc command, and off64_t can be fixed with '-Doff64_t=__off64_t'. So I
> don't know
>
> why doesn't work in zziplib source. Also, in order to check I have included
>
> '-I/usr/include' (where stddef.h is defined) at CFLAGS and the same errors
> are found.
>
> Any other idea of the problem?
>
> You should mention the linux distro and whether your gcc-6.3.0 is from a
> dristro package or
>
> locally compiled (in which case you may need to adjust include paths).
>
> Void Linux is the Linux distribution with gcc from the distro package.
>
> Thank you for your help George.
>
> Bosco.

I have gcc-6.3.0 on Ubuntu 14.04 from ppa:ubuntu-toolchain-r/test. It can
build
zziplib-0.13.66 from source without problems.

Try building zziplib outside TL2017. If that fails you should have a look
at the stddef.h changes in

https://github.com/voidlinux/void-packages/blob/master/srcpkgs/gcc/files/gcc-6.3.0-musl.diff

I assume you are building TL2017 for use on Void Linux.  In that case you
might want to
build TL using system libraries where possible (since Void is a rolling
distro, some may be
too new for TL2017).

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia