[tlbuild] Gregorio test failures

Jakub Jelinek jakub at redhat.com
Fri Jan 22 15:45:29 CET 2016

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 03:33:44PM +0100, Élie Roux wrote:
> after calling realpath, it might be because Solaris doesn't like the
> second argument to be NULL... Gnulibs has an implementations:

realpath with NULL last argument used to be implementation defined, only
starting with IEEE Std 1003.1, 2004 the behavior of NULL last argument
has been defined by the POSIX standard.  On the other side, always using
there a fixed PATH_MAX sized buffer is undesirable for modern systems.
So best would be to check (in autoconf, or header macros, etc.) if
realpath with NULL last argument works, and use it, otherwise use either
non-NULL argument with fixed sized buffer, or use gregorio's own realpath
implementation instead.

> > Also, if I try to go a few folders up and then run gregorio, it crashes:
> >
> >> ./source/Work/texk/gregorio/gregorio -o factus.gtex /path/to/texlive/Build/source/texk/gregorio/gregorio-src/doc/factus.gabc
> > lstat(./gregorio) failed ...
> > ./gregorio: No such file or directory
> > Assertion failed: ret, file ../../../texk/kpathsea/progname.c, line
> > 316, function remove_dots
> > Abort (core dumped)

Maybe running this under strace (or Solaris truss) could show up what is
going on.