[tlbuild] xindy again
asyropoulos at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 18:14:56 CET 2015
2015-12-16 4:23 GMT+02:00 Joachim Schrod <jschrod at acm.org>:
> On 12/15/15 20:44, Apostolos Syropoulos wrote:
>> There is definitely something wrong withe either xindy or my xindy.
> Most probably: yes. The new version notifies about a problem you
> had before, but maybe didn't notice.
I did sent my replay only to the person who replied. It was a mistake.
The solution to the problme I reported earlier was that by default
my system uses an ancinet version of Perl but when I switched to
the latest version which also exists on my system, the problem
> The most probable cause is that you have index entries that consist
> only of TeX macros that xindy doesn't know about. (That may also be
> LICR representations of national characters that xindy doesn't know
> about.) Then xindy replaces them with the empty string and merges
> them all to one entry -- which ain't what you want.
Yesterday I run xindy on the indeces of an old book that I wrote
and the index was produced just fine. So I am sure that in this
new idex the index entries are wrong (someone asked me to
do the preocessing...). But it was strange that the old version of
xindy did not "detect" the problem. And thatr is why I aksed.
Of ocurse I would like o see xindy printing line numbers with
error messages so to try to fix the errors
Thank you very much for your excellent work!
More information about the tlbuild