[tlbuild] just built custom binaries doesn't contains the 'biber'

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sun Sep 6 20:01:54 CEST 2015

On Sun, Sep 06, 2015 at 02:44:29PM +0300, Кирилл К wrote:
> I've just built binaries from 'texlive-20150521-source' (my goal is:
> getting shared kpathsea and getting tlmgr in my system), then installed
> TexLive by 'install-tl-20150901' with '-custom-bin=...' key.
>
> Now 'tlmgr info biber --list' says that biblatex-biber package is installed
> but not contains any executable files (only source and docs...) and no
> 'biber' in '/opt/texlive/2015/bin/custom/' which contains other texlive's
> binaries.
>
> Is I need build and install 'biber' from perl source?

In blfs [ http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/ ] we build
from source because we can.  BUT, we do not expect tlmgr to work
with our build.  If you need to build from source, our instructions
(we call it "biblatex-biber") might be useful.

But: we let perl install into /usr.

ĸen
  aka "The hedgehog song"