[tlbuild] Best place to document the building procedure

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Mar 16 22:41:51 CET 2015

    What is the best place to document these kind of things (assuming
    there would be roughly 2 pages of text)?

For that much info, I think Build/source/doc/README.solaris with a
pointer in Build/source/README.

Oddly, in that period when I was doing the build, I don't remember doing
anything special except having to specify the compiler.  Which is why
that's all I ever documented.

On another front, though, I wonder if anyone is actually using the TL
sparc-solaris binaries.  As far as I know, Nelson builds his own (with
concomitant pain) -- don't you, Nelson?  I haven't heard of anyone else
still using that platform in recent years.  So maybe it's also a
candidate for being dropped now.

Thanks,
Karl