[tlbuild] patches from Debian

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Fri Mar 6 15:25:44 CET 2015

Hi Luigi,

(reincluding tlbuild)

> Compiled with zlib 1.2.8; using 1.2.8

Yes, that is the optimum, but not necessarily reality.

> The problem is 1.2.11 vs 1.2.12 and I don't like it

No, the problem is
	1.2.5 versus 1.2.6
etc. Both should be API compatible, and luatex should ignore the .5/.6
part.

The last digits in SO names are normally API compatible changes,
if not this is a failure of maintainers (I don't say this doesn't
happen, but is very rare)

> So i'm for keep 5 digits, maybe even to move to 8.

In fact it should not be digits, but:
- parse into \d+\.\d+\.\d+
- check the first two numbers, ignore the third

For peace of soul one could give a warning when the third differs,
but don't stop.

I am patching this in luatex since years in Debian, on abut 15 architectures,
with several zlib upgrades.

I don't udnerstand what you are scared? That upstream makes something
stupid in the minor version?

ANyway, the patch is trivial, so if you don't like it I will keep it
in Debian.

All the best

Norbert