[tlbuild] test errors on some archs

Paul Vojta vojta at math.berkeley.edu
Wed Sep 24 23:51:36 CEST 2014

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 10:41:25AM +0200, Peter Breitenlohner wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Sep 2014, Norbert Preining wrote:
>
> >For several archs, I haven't checked all of them:
>
> Hi Norbert,
>
> these are all 32bit system, right?
>
> which compilers/versions?
>
> >I did checks on i386 and can reproduce it in my own pbuilder.
>
> strange, perhaps a problem with optimization?

This can occur if different source files are inconsistent in their
including of header files.  This can lead to a situation in which
some function expects a certain argument to be a 64-bit integer, but
the caller pushes a 32-bit integer, or vice versa.

This came up with xetex a while ago:

	http://tug.org/pipermail/xetex/2011-January/019719.html

At the time I also posted a question on stack(overflow|exchange) about
how to easily detect this situation, but I can't find it now.

--Paul Vojta