[tlbuild] building problems on s390x

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sun Jul 6 03:58:17 CEST 2014

Hi Peter,

On Sat, 05 Jul 2014, Peter Breitenlohner wrote:
> is gcc 4.9 also used for other architectures (as default or option), and if
> so do they exhibit the same problem(s) or is all that specific for s390x?

Yes, since short time 4.9 is the default compiler in Debian/sid,
and since I uploaded a new package it has been rebuild on all
archs with 4.9.

As far as I see for now, only s390x is problematic, BUT:
I got an answer from the Debian/gcc maintainer and he asked me
to compile with gcc-snapshot, build from current git, and that
also solves the problem fro s390x.

So I would say, we do nothing for now ;-)

Norbert