[tlbuild] Allow for building synctex as shared library

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sun Jun 29 15:22:06 CEST 2014

Dear Peter,

> (1) The were still a few changes for libsynctex, now applied as r34467.

Thanks, got them.

> (2) The shared library requires libz.so, i.e. will only be built with
>     --enable-system-zlib, probably much of a restriction.

Not a problem.

>     The fact that make tries to build detex.c from detex.l is due to bad
>     timestamps.

Indeed, building from the git repo does not work, but properly
building from a source package works - no idea what the
git repo (of Debian texlive-bin package) has strange time stamps.

But still, should that work even in this case?

>     Patching the released TL2014 build system is always done at your own
>     risk!

Yeah, I know, but I do that since ages, cherry-picking svn changes
tot he Debian sources. Some luatex changes for example, now the
synctex changes. Works normally quite well.

Thanks for your great work

Norbert