[tlbuild] [tex-live] freezes for TL14

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Sat May 17 03:02:44 CEST 2014

John,

Congratulations!

I grabbed asymptote-2.30-CTAN.tgz on a Mac Pro running Mavericks, and compiled it using exactly the instructions
I usually use on Leopard, pretending that it was in the TL tree. It compiled fine after I retrieved some gc libraries
which ./configure requested. I ran the resulting asy and it couldn’t find kpsesearch. No surprise.

So I copied the asy binary into the current TeX Live 2014. It ran fine, with a completely understandable warning:

	Welcome to Asymptote version 2.30 (to view the manual, type help)
warning [version]: using possibly incompatible version 2.27 of plain.asy

I’d like to thank you AND ALSO Mojca, Victor, and all the other people working so hard on asymptote last week
while I just sat back and watched! Folks, this work is very much appreciated.

Now i’ll try to compile the source on Leopard (for 32 bits) and Snow Leopard (for 64 bits), our usual compile
platforms. I’ll let you know the results. If worse comes to worse we can ship the Mavericks version, so
I think we are in good shape.

Dick Koch