[tlbuild] Incomplete tlpretest copies?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Apr 27 22:50:37 CEST 2014

    I've just noticed that some files are missing on (some) tlpretest
    mirrors. For example, compare these two directories:

The error was not in the mirroring, but in my creation of the tlpretest
source directory.  00texlive.installer.tlpsrc was including
xz.i386-cygwin.exe (only), but that was wrong.  No xz.* is needed in the
"live" tlpretest/tlpkg/installer/xz/ directory, since only xzdec is used
for installation.  So I removed it from the .tlpsrc and it should
disappear after the next build.

(Ken: if I'm forgetting a special case, and xzdec.i386-cygwin.exe
actually needs xz.i386-cygwin.exe to run, let me know.  I doubt it,
since there has been no xz.x86_64-cygwin.exe included ... unless no one
has noticed.  Didn't find anything in the archives.)

Anyway, as I recall, xz is only used for tlmgr's backup feature.  After
installation, both xz.* and xzdec.* are available -- they are installed
as part of the texlive.infra package.

thanks,
karl