[tlbuild] first builds for TL 2014

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Apr 19 23:37:09 CEST 2014

    I had to install autoconf (using apt) on both Debian/linux and
    Debian/kfreebsd (stable) in order to compile TeXlive.

    I also had to install m4 in order to compile the very latest upstream
    version of metapost (1.99).

None of this should be necessary.  I suspect your timestamps got messed
up somewhere.  The intent (and actuality, as far as I know, given a
clean checkout with timestamps as in the repository) is that no
autotools are necessary to build TL.

xz is completely outside the normal build and is a different issue.

anyway,
karl