[tlbuild] first builds for TL 2014

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Apr 17 20:44:05 CEST 2014

Hi everyone,

I've updated texmf.cnf et al., and made a bunch of version updates to
start the TL 2014 pretest.  So please get the current sources and do the
build again ... and this time committing or sending me urls as usual.

I've committed new i386-linux binaries and am working on the tlpsrc
updates.  Other documentation (man pages, Texinfos, etc.) and support
files will follow, but probably not today.

As discussed, let's also update xz to 5.0.5 (be sure you don't depend on
any new shared libraries).  It's checked in to the TL source tree in
Build/source/extra/xz as usual.

Those of you who supply wget (bsd, irix, w32), please also update that
to the current version too -- available from
http://ftpmirror.gnu.org/wget/wget-1.15.tar.gz (among others).
  (Mojca: if you have or can easily build wget for sparc-solaris, great,
   otherwise I can work on it.  (Initial attempts failed, sigh.)  I'm
   leaving the main sparc-solaris build for you for sure. :)

There is no asymptote update (yet?).  Dr. Bowman says he's working on it.

Please send me the compiler version, OS version, and any configuration
options that you used.  The question of "how did the build get done"
comes up surprisingly often.
  (Dick: except you; I already point to mactexdoc.tar.xz since what you
   do cannot be summarized. :)

Peter: I think you are away for ~10 more days.  If plans have changed
and you're online now, please let me know.  Otherwise, Norbert, can you
build x86_64-linux for now?  I know pretesters will want it.

I have to be away right now for a couple hours but will be back online
later today.

Thanks.  Good luck to all,
Karl