[tlbuild] gcc vs. clang in icu

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Wed Oct 2 15:43:20 CEST 2013

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 05:00:18PM -0600, Karl Berry wrote:
>     I would like to warn that there is a fair chance that ICU would try
>     to be built with clang also on other platforms in case that clang
>     exists.
>
> Indeed, it will happen on any platform with clang(++) present.

I was suffered from this today on Linux, building ICU from TeX Live with
clang is failing. Fortunately, it seems that ICU build respects CC and
CXX env variables, so I was able to force it to use GCC.

Not sure if we want to do something with this to make sure ICU uses the
same compiler as the rest of the build.

Regards,
Khaled