[tlbuild] ttf2pk versus ttf2pk2

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Mon Jul 22 11:59:55 CEST 2013

On Tue, 4 Jun 2013, Peter Breitenlohner wrote:

> Hi Norbert,
>
> ttf2pk2 is my attempt to rewrite ttf2pk, but using libfreetype instead of
> libttf -- all that based on some earlier work from
> http://chem.skku.ac.kr/~wkpark/project/ktug/ttf2pk-freetype2_20030314.tgz
>
> At the moment ttf2pk2 does the same as ttf2pk except for the substitution
> from the 'vert' feature for rotated CJK fonts.  Once that has been done and
> tested I'll change ttf2pk2 => ttf2pk and libttf can be discarded.

Hi Karl, Norbert,

as you probably have already seen, I have added the 'vert' substitutions for
rotated CJK fonts to ttf2pk2 and it is now the default in the TL SVN
repository (since r30893 from 2013-06-24).  The old version is still
available if explicitly requested via '--disable-ttf2pk --enable-ttf2pk2'.

Hi all,

I'd apreciate any tests you can perform and feedback (about both any
problems and success) in order to eliminate bugs, in particular those
introduced by the transition FreeType 1 => 2.

Regards
Peter