[tlbuild] asy 2.22

simon at getthingsfixed.co.uk simon at getthingsfixed.co.uk
Mon May 20 07:30:00 CEST 2013

Karl,

On Saturday 18 May 2013 23:51:25 Karl Berry wrote:
> Bowman has released a new version, asymptote 2.22.  I just imported it
> into TL and updated the i386-linux binary and shared files.
> Please (re)build it if you want to provide it and let me know.

interact.cc fails with "strlen", so needs #include <string.h>. Presumably
differences in standardness of .h files.

> The only new issue I noted is that fftw3 was (unintentionally, I
> believe) required; I had to install the fftw3-devel package or there
> were compilation errors.

I got that too. ./configure looks for fftw3 and says it's quite happy it's not
present, but does not alter the code to suit this feature. So, like you, I
installed fftw3, and that it kept quite-ish but it wouldn't link. Discovered
the two fftwpp_*_wisdom line functions never got used from the .h file, so
gave up and like Nikola I did "./configure --disable-fftw3;make". Still
failed.

On Sunday 19 May 2013 22:46:04 Karl Berry wrote:
> Bowman said he's going to upload a new version with one or two fixes
> today or tomorrow, so we shouldn't bother with 2.22.  Knew that was
> going to happen ...

So I give up with yesterday's version and will sit and wait for 2.22's
replacement.

/// test suite?
Shouldn't asy have an auto test suite? We have one for the rest of texlive. It
complies the modules, then thrashes them to see if they break. Hopefully it
reports "mostly harmless".

Asy's make just terminates with a bit of a whimper and all you know is that
asy has been created. Whether it works or not we don't know. But we play the
game and make the tarball for you to include.

Simon
--
Get Things Fixed