[tlbuild] Building texlive for win32 using MinGW

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Thu Sep 20 11:17:22 CEST 2012

On Mon, 27 Aug 2012, Fredrik Eidlert wrote:

> I've been trying to build the texlive-20120701-source for win32 using MinGW, with no success.

Hi Fredrik,

please explain what exactly is the problem.

> Is there any place I can find instructions for building for win32 (not using Cygwin is preferred)?

I regularly build TeX Live for win32 using MinGW, however, I am doing this
on a linux system using the MinGW cross-compiler together with GNU make and
the usual Unix tools (bash as shell, grep, sed, etc) including everything
required to run the configure scripts.  You certainly have all that under
Cygwin, but what you really need are probably just the MSYS tools.

Note, however, that I do not build DLLs as used in the TL win32 builds
provided by Akira Kakuto.

Regards
Peter Breitenlohner <peb at mppmu.mpg.de>