[tlbuild] Patch for seek.c

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Wed Jul 25 09:31:46 CEST 2012

On Tue, 24 Jul 2012, Ken Brown wrote:

> Now that the dust has settled on TL2012, I suggest removing that code, since
> there's plenty of time for testing before TL2013.  The attached patch does
> this.

Hi Ken,

applied as r27150.

> With the patch applied, all the seetexk tests still pass.  Let me know if you
> think I should do further tests.  I never use the seetexk programs, so this
> isn't something that will come up in my normal work.

Actually, this part was never tested, because it is only relevant when the
input is not seekable.  I have now (r27152) extended the test to cover also
this situation.  So please just run 'make check' in the seetexk build dir.

> P.S. In the same discussion several months ago, you asked me what's the
> difference between __CYGWIN__ and __CYGWIN32__.  I've since learned, as a
> result of a discussion on the Cygwin list, that __CYGWIN32__ is deprecated
> and may well be removed at some point.

Looking for __CYGWIN32__ in the TL tree I found just a few places, and only
one in texk/kpathsea/getopt.c that might cause problems when __CYGWIN32__ is
removed
   #if defined (WIN32) && !defined (__CYGWIN32__)
and I have changed that one (r27150) into
   #if defined (WIN32) && !defined (__CYGWIN__)

Regards
Peter Breitenlohner <peb at mppmu.mpg.de>