[tlbuild] texlive-20120521 snapshot build failure on OpenBSD 5.1 i386

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Tue May 22 11:01:49 CEST 2012

On Mon, 21 May 2012, Nelson H. F. Beebe wrote:

> I'm attempting to build the texlive-20120521 snapshot from earlier
> today on OpenBSD 5.1 i386 without using any of the --without-xxx flags.

> The flags -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections are evidently the cause
> of the ? flags.

Hi Nelson,

these flags are a gift from ICU (not that we would have asked for it) and
unfortunately the test compilation does not reveal the problem, and there is
no way to directly disable all that.

You can, however, configure with '--disable-release'.  Thus you would lose
the automatic '-O2' in CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS but could of course add them
explicitly.

Regards
Peter Breitenlohner <peb at mppmu.mpg.de>