[tlbuild] (Unwanted?) Dependencies on libfreetype and libexpat on Solaris 10

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue May 1 23:26:57 CEST 2012

    the question is whether one can reasonably expect /usr/sfw

I don't think it matters.  My understanding is that the "indirect"
shared-library dependencies induced by libfontconfig.so are not imposed
by our binaries, but by whatever the system libfontconfig.so asks for.
On your system that is in /usr/sfw, but that doesn't mean it has to be
the case everywhere.  Each system will have its own libfontconfig.so
which depends on libraries that are presumably present.

(This is the same as on non-solaris platforms using libfontconfig.)

We'll be able to experiment more easily after we start committing the
new binaries.  Hopefully starting next week.

Thanks,