[tlbuild] (Unwanted?) Dependencies on libfreetype and libexpat on Solaris 10

Ettore Aldrovandi ealdrov at mail.math.fsu.edu
Wed Apr 25 20:58:56 CEST 2012

Hello,

the Solaris 10 builds on both i386 and x86_64 show two dependencies on

   2 /usr/sfw/lib/64/libexpat.so.0
   2 /usr/sfw/lib/64/libfreetype.so.6

(there's no /64/ on i386).  ldd shows these are pulled in by xetex and xdvipdfmx, and perusing
build.log suggests this is due to /usr/sfw/bin/fontconfig being used. I wonder whether this is
indesiderable, and if it is, what's the best course of action to remedy this.  gcc and g++ live in
/usr/sfw/bin.  I can try a build with the native compilers, and eliminate /usr/sfw/bin from the
PATH, but didn't have much success with SUN's cc and CC in the past.

--Ettore

--
Ettore Aldrovandi
Department of Mathematics, Florida State University