[tlbuild] TeXLive on OpenSolaris/OpenIndiana

Nelson H. F. Beebe beebe at math.utah.edu
Tue Apr 24 20:22:44 CEST 2012

Apostolos Syropoulos and Ettore Aldrovandi both report this failure of
the TeX Live 2012 build on Solaris 11 (Apostolos) and 10 (Ettore):

	./dvi2tty: Missing postamble

I don't see that in my logs of several builds on Solaris 10 and 11
(SPARC, x86_64, and x86).

However, when I do a manual test on Solaris 10 32-bit (SPARC or x86),
I get the same failure:

	dvi2tty sample2e.dvi
	dvi2tty: Missing postamble

If I switch to the 64-bit builds (SPARC or x86_64), I get correct
output, and no error.

If I use the Solaris 10 x86 build on Solaris 11, I get failure, but
with the x86_64 build, dvi2tty works.