[tlbuild] Building r26077 on FreeBSD: icu-4.9 problem

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Tue Apr 24 12:06:54 CEST 2012

On Tue, 24 Apr 2012, Alan BRASLAU wrote:

> I am not pretending to reply for Nikola,
> but as a TeX user of freeBSD, I am interested
> in finding a solution.
>
> On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 10:46:09 +0200 Peter Breitenlohner <peb at mppmu.mpg.de> wrote:
>
>> It would help if you can send me the output
>> from touch foo.h; cpp -dM foo.h
>
> $ touch foo.h; cpp -dM foo.h
>
> #define __FreeBSD__ 9

Hi Alan and Nikola,

so FreeBSD defines __FreeBSD__ whereas kFreeBSD defines __FreeBSD_kernel__.

I have added a patch for icu-49.1/common/putilimp.h that should take care of
the problem (r26121).  Please let me know if your TL build now succeeds.  If
so I'll submit the patch to ICU bug tracking.

Regards
Peter Breitenlohner <peb at mppmu.mpg.de>