[tlbuild] mtx and libp2c

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Apr 8 23:36:03 CEST 2012

Hi Bob,

(I actually wrote this before seeing your email to tlbuild.)

    > Package version: 0.60d (April 6, 2012)
    > Location on CTAN: support/mtx/

    > Only the mtx-0.60d tarball has been revised.  It now supports building
    > the prepmx binary without fpc (the Free Pascal Compiler) by providing
    > p2c-translated C source files and source files for libp2c.

Sounds good, but I think I will let Peter take care of integrating it (a
la pmx) upon his return while I work on other things.

BTW, have mtx and pmx ever been packaged (separately from TL) for
various distros?  I'm wondering if any distro people ever complained
about the three-character command names for such (relatively) obscure
programs, or if there is precedent and we shouldn't worry about it.

Thanks,
Karl