[tlbuild] xdvipdfmx isn't linked against -lpaper on Cygwin

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Tue Feb 28 11:30:15 CET 2012

On Mon, 27 Feb 2012, Ken Brown wrote:

> I just added the libpaper-devel package to my Cygwin installation.  This is
> found by texlive's configure scripts, but -lpaper isn't added to the gcc
> commands in the compilation of xdvipdfmx. ...

Hi Ken,

the test for libpaper should have been skipped when xdvipdfmx is built as
part of the TL tree ($enable_texlive_build == yes).  In that case xdvipdfmx
should use the paper specifications from dpxconf.c.

There was, however, a typo in xdvipdfmx/configure.ac -- fixed in r25532.

Interesting that this wasn't found earlier.  Seems no one uses that library.

Regards
Peter