[tlbuild] dvibook failure on Cygwin

Ken Brown kbrow1i at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 18:29:25 CET 2012

On 2/25/2012 5:03 PM, Karl Berry wrote:
>      I don't understand why we need unistd.h (and why only on Cygwin)
>
> Of course I can't guess what Cygwin is doing in the system headers, but
> I can't say I'm surprised.  The "dual nature" of kpathsea/getopt.h,
> being both kpathsea-specific but also a system library routine, is
> clearly a source of potential confusion, and in the case of Cygwin, the
> potential has been realized.

Hi Karl,

It turned out not to be so hard to sort out.  It was a matter of making
sure that getopt gets properly declared (with its prototype).  The
attached patch fixes the problem.  With this patch, the declaration is
either in the system getopt.h (if unistd.h is included) or in
kpathsea/getopt.h.

Ken

P.S. Apparently this has in fact always been broken, but it never got
noticed because most of the texlive programs that use getopt include
unistd.h.