[tlbuild] compilation problem: curses

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 14:29:42 CEST 2011

Hello,

I have a question about compilation of TL. I tried to compile the
trunk version of TL on Debian Squeeze (mips64) and I get a report
about missing curses. (I will retry with the tag 2011, but it takes a
loooooot of time.)

It seems to me that libncurses is installed, but I'm not sure what
this error means exactly. Is it something wrong in the building
scripts or something missing on machine?

 checking whether NLS is requested... no
 checking if -lm needed for math functions... yes
 checking if you want to use dmalloc for testing... no
 checking if you want to use dbmalloc for testing... no
 checking if you want to use purify for testing... no
 checking if you want to use valgrind for testing... no
 checking if you want to perform memory-leak testing...
 checking if you want --trace option... yes
 checking if libtool -version-number should be used... yes
 checking if you want to build libraries with libtool... no
 checking for specific curses-directory... no
 checking for extra include directories... no
 checking if we have identified curses headers... none
 configure: error: No curses header-files found
 configure: error: ./configure failed for dialog-1.1-20110707
 === configuring in dialog failed
 make[2]: *** [subutils] Error 1
 make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/mojca/tl/Build/source/utils'
 make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
 make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mojca/tl/Build/source/utils'
 make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Thank you,