[tlbuild] Stripping the luatex binary

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Wed Mar 30 09:04:10 CEST 2011

On Wed, 30 Mar 2011, Philipp Stephani wrote:

> I don't know if you already know about the stripping issue, but if not, please have a look at this tracker item:
> http://tracker.luatex.org/view.php?id=555
> Until Taco finds a better solution, luatex should never be stripped on OS X because stripping makes loading extension modules impossible.

Hi Taco,

that tracker item refers to build.sh but I can't find such a file in the TL
sources.  Can you clarify this?  And if this a problem, please work out a
solution together with the Mac OS X builders.

At the moment all installed programs are automatically stripped.  We could
certainly find a mechanism to prevent that, but then only for all programs.
However, not stripping any Mac OS X programs would seem somewhat extreme.

Regards
Peter