[tlbuild] sparc-solaris: luatex SIGBUS in hnj_hyphenation

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 16:56:24 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 9:57 PM, Vladimir Volovich <vvv at vsu.ru> wrote:

> "GNW" == George N White writes:
>
>  GNW> The luatex that crashed was installed normally from one of the
>  GNW> tlpretest mirrors.
>
> interesting. as we know, sparc-solaris/luatex which i've built was
> unusable because it was not able to read any input. since then the bug
> was identified and fixed in the sources, but i did not re-submit a
> working binary yet (because i was waiting for the source tree to stabilize).

The debug build with "-g -xO4" finished.   Since this was based on an old svn
snapshot, I used your "signed int cattable_field:16; " patch and also converted
mtxrun and luatools to symbolic links to the updated versions.

With the debug build I don't get the error, so perhaps it was another symptom
of the same bug or some result of the changes in the lua codes.  I
hope it isn't
a compiler bug.

> so i wonder how did this same luatex managed to produce some other
> behavior. perhaps, it was running in lua mode, rather than in tex mode?
>
> Best,
> v.

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia