[tlbuild] duplicates in win32

Vladimir Volovich vvv at vsu.ru
Mon Jun 14 21:11:18 CEST 2010

"GNW" == George N White writes:

 >> that's why we are using "#!/usr/bin/env perl" in such cases. :-)

 GNW> Exactly -- every script has to be checked.

my point was that if, for the wrapper to work, each script has to be
modified to add the comment indicating the "language", then why not just
use the proper "#!/usr/bin/env language" line, and avoid the wrapper
altogether? most of the scripts which are used in TL bin directories are
already checked anyway.

 GNW> Maybe the right thing for TL is for a wrapper to deal with
 GNW> whatever an author chooses, but run the script with the
 GNW> interpreter found on the path rather than execute via a link.

Best,
v.