[tlbuild] Building TL2010

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed Jun 9 19:09:42 CEST 2010

On 9 June 2010 Angelo Graziosi wrote:

 > Just for the record, I have done the build of TL2010 (rev. 18840), and
 > have installed the binaries with '-custom-bin' option... In the
 > install-tl.log I have found:
 >
 > ===========
 > [...]
 > updmap: using map file
 > `/usr/local/texlive/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips/carolmin-ps/cmin.map'
 > updmap: using map file
 > `/usr/local/texlive/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips/cm-lgc/cm-lgc.map'
 >
 > !!! ERROR! The map file `comicvn.map' has not been found at all.
 >
 >      Either put this file into the right place or remove the
 >      reference from the configuration file. An automatic way
 >      to disable unavailable map files is to call
 >        updmap --syncwithtrees
 >
 >      For manual editing, call
 >        updmap --edit
 >
 > done
 > re-running mktexlsr /usr/local/texlive/texmf-var
 > [...]
 > ===========

Hi Angelo,
thanks for the report.  I uploaded a new version of VnTeX recently
which doesn't contain support files for comicvn and mscorevn anymore.
Thus, it's correct and desired that the two mapfiles are missing now.

I now also removed the "execute addMap" lines from vntex.tlpsrc
accordingly.  If you try again tomorrow, this error shouldn't occur.
For the time being running updmap[-sys] --syncwithtrees should do the
trick.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25