[tlbuild] tl release candidate rebuild

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Mon Jun 7 15:00:49 CEST 2010

Le 07/06/2010 14:25, Reinhard Kotucha a écrit :
> In my opinion, if ConTeXt expects the files always in the
> user-specific TEXMFVAR, users have to create the files themselves.

I tend to agree.

> Then the installer shouldn't do anything.  And a single-user system
> is not an exception then.  I suppose that the ConTeXt documentation
> already explains how to setup things, and I think this is sufficient.

Anyway, I think here we have more a documentation problem than a technical one.

(a) In the current state of things, we have to explain:
- why ~/.texlive2010 is created on the account who installs TL2010;
- why install scheme-minimal + tlmgr install scheme-context is not equivalent to
install scheme-context, and why repackaged TL (Debian, Fedora, etc) doesn't work
the same way either;
- in short, why ConTeXt works out of the box sometimes but not always;
- and how to make it work when it doesn't work out-of-the-box.

(b) If we don't do anything in the installer, we (TL or ConTeXt) only need to
tell people (and not all people, but only those who want to use Mark IV) to run
luatools --generate once.

My conclusion tends to be that (b) is easier, since even with (a) we end up
telling some people to run luatools --generate anyway.

Manuel.