[tlbuild] adding scripts

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Sat May 29 07:32:36 CEST 2010

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Karl Berry wrote:
>>     >> pstopdf
>>     don't know about this one
>>
>> This has always been part of context, despite its utilitarian/general
>> name.  I assume(d) its omission in the current release is intentional.
>
> OK, I'll make sure it comes back (I never realized it was a context
> tool, to be honest).

There is something that I should know, and I hope someone can explain
this to me so I won't have to bother Karl all the time:

   How do I add or remove a script from TeXLive properly?

For example, for pstopdf, I have committed two new files and updated
another:

Master/texmf-dist/scripts/context/stubs/mswin/pstopdf.exe
   (a copy of runscript.exe)
Master/texmf-dist/scripts/context/stubs/unix/pstopdf
   (a short shell script running 'texmfstart pstopdf.rb')
Master/tlpkg/tlpsrc/context.tlpsrc
   (added the bin pattern)

But this does not get the actual binaries in the correct bin
directory, does it? So, how to do that? Do I just commit a bunch
of Master/bin/*/ files?

Best wishes,
Taco