[tlbuild] Building failure[xindy]

Ken Brown kbrow1i at gmail.com
Wed May 19 03:19:30 CEST 2010

On 5/18/2010 11:08 AM, Peter Breitenlohner wrote:
> On Tue, 18 May 2010, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
>
>> Try sed(1):
>>
>> sed -e 's/^M//g'
>>
>> You can insert the ^M in Emacs by typing C-q C-m.
>
> If at all possible, I'd like to avoid having control characters in
> configure.ac (and configure). If nothing simpler works, I'd rather use
> tr -d '\r'

Hi Peter,

The problem about the cygwin build of clisp using dos line endings turns
out to be well known.  It was discussed on the cygwin list about 3 years
ago, starting at

   http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2007-01/msg00052.html

The short version is that a patch was proposed to change to unix line
endings, and it was rejected by the clisp developers.  I could apply
this patch (which would then have to be documented in utils/README), but
maybe it's simpler to use tr -d '\r' in the xindy build.  It's up to you.

Ken