[tlbuild] mingw cross-compilation fails at ICU

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Tue Apr 27 10:34:48 CEST 2010

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:

> Le 26/04/2010 18:16, Peter Breitenlohner a écrit :
>> Thus I'd think that you have to use '--host=i586-mingw32' and create
>> symlinks i586-mingw32-gcc -> /path/to/i586-mingw32msvc-gcc, or simply
>> i586-mingw32-gcc -> i586-mingw32msvc-gcc if you have write access to that
>> directory, and similar for all the other tools.
>>
> Tested, it works. More precisely, ICU builds correctly. I'm still having
> other problems, but more about that later.

Hi Manuel,

good to know.  We'll have to see how to proceed.

>> The cross compiler should certainly not use /usr/include/sys/select.h, this
>> is strange.
>>
> Well, -I/usr/include is explicitly passed on the command line.

You definitely shouldn't do that.  A cross compiler has no business to use
the standard system headers.

> Please let me know if and how I can provide additional information to help
> debugging this.

It's more the other way around. You are trying to build for mingw32msvc and
I'll try to help where possible.

Regards
Peter Breitenlohner <peb at mppmu.mpg.de>