[tlbuild] Problem solved:: Cannot compile on OpenSolaris

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Mon Apr 26 11:01:14 CEST 2010

On Sun, 25 Apr 2010, Apostolos Syropoulos wrote:

> ## KPSE_LT_HACK: Prevent libtool from linking dependency_libs
> if test "x$enable_libtool_hack" = xyes; then
>  sed '/# Convert "-framework/i \
>        ## KPSE_LT_HACK: ignore dependency_libs\
>        test "X$installed" = Xyes && dependency_libs=\
> ' "$ofile" >"$cfgfile"
>  mv "$cfgfile" "$ofile" ||
>    (rm -f "$ofile" && cp "$cfgfile" "$ofile" && rm -f "$cfgfile")
>  chmod +x "$ofile"
> fi
>
> Now the problem is that Solaris sed cannod handle the expression. By using
> /usr/gnu/bin/sed
> instead of the Solaris sed, I managed to build 338 executables in
> /opt/sources/BACKUP/TeX/source/inst/bin.

Hi Apostolos,

thanks for analyzing the problem.  In order to completely fix/avoid this I'd
need some OpenSolaris specific information.

(1) in your first run, the one which failed, did you have /usr/gnu/bin in
your PATH? If so, certainly after the directory of Solaris sed.

(2) do you still have the output (Work/build.log) from your first run, or if
not could your try that once again?

In Work/build.log there are lines "checking for a sed that does"..., what is
the result? Solaris sed or GNU sed?

(3) do you know what part of the expression can't be handled by Solaris sed?

Regards
Peter Breitenlohner <peb at mppmu.mpg.de>