[tlbuild] libpng 1.4 and zlib 1.2.4

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Wed Mar 31 11:11:01 CEST 2010

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010, Martin Schröder wrote:

> I know the deadline is almost over, but has anybody looked at
> upgrading libpng and zlib?

Hi Martin,

some time ago I have applied patches (don't remember by whom) that allow to
build TL with (an installed) libpng-1.4.

As for upgrading libpng in the TL tree, I'd prefer to wait for 1.4.2 or so,
because x.y.[01] versions are often buggy.

Haven't looked at zlib-1.2.4 yet, but there one shouldn't expect any
incompatibilities (will look into this over the easter holidays).

Regards
Peter