[tlbuild] Configure issues with texlive-20091107

Angel Tsankov fn42551 at fmi.uni-sofia.bg
Sat Jan 9 09:54:56 CET 2010

Norbert Preining wrote:

> Why don't oyu do it like most of the other packagers do:
> 	- build normally and install into source/inst

Is source/inst a certain path or do you mean any path?

> 	- then *copy* what you need to the right places

Assuming that *copy* means *move*, I am afraid this strategy could break
paths to the moved files.  Suppose a configuration file is installed in
/bla/bla/etc/config because I've configured TL with --prefix=/bla/bla or
with --sysconfdir=/bla/bla/etc.  Moving the config file at the end of
the build is essentially *lying* about its intended location -- there
might be a program that expects to find the file in ${sysconfdir}/config.

 > That is 100 times easier than tweaking the configure and then
 > searching for wrongly made stuff?

Well, I think that the main purpose of configure is exactly this one --
to tweak an installation...

Regards,
Angel Tsankov