[tlbuild] .la files?

Ken Brown kbrow1i at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 02:13:30 CET 2009

On 11/17/2009 7:59 PM, Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Di, 17 Nov 2009, Karl Berry wrote:
>> Does anyone's system or distro routinely include .la files for library
>> dependencies?
>
> Debian ships them in the -dev packages:
> libattr1-dev: /usr/lib/libattr.la
> liblzo2-dev: /usr/lib/liblzo2.la
> libcurl4-gnutls-dev: /usr/lib/libcurl-gnutls.la
> libcurl4-gnutls-dev: /usr/lib/libcurl.la
> libglib2.0-dev: /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.la
> etc etc etc

It's similar in cygwin, where most .la files are in -devel packages.
But I'm not sure what "routinely" means in the original question.
Cygwin ships a very small number of packages by default, and users
choose what additional packages they want.  The minimal installation
probably doesn't include any -devel packages.

Ken