[tlbuild] Current svn status

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Thu Nov 12 09:31:48 CET 2009

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009, Richard Koch wrote:

> Then I got to worrying that the svn build portion might be unfrozen, and
> the binaries built from it might no longer match formats in the release,
> etc.  Is that the case?

Hi Dick,

there are no incompatibilities (unless when using a shared kpathsea
library).  The changes are mostly (1) internal to the build system, (2)
getting rid of compiler warnings, and (3) a few minor item -- one of them
moving openoutnameok in texk/web2c to kpse_out_name_ok in texk/kpathsea/ and
using that function also in bibtex and makindex, not only in *TeX and MF.

>  If not, I'm in great shape; I just won't update my local copy of the svn
> for a while.

It would, however, be nice if at some time you yould test the updated
version.  This equalyy goes for everyone else.  It would be nice to resolve
any problems as early as possible.

Regards
Peter Breitenlohner <peb at mppmu.mpg.de>